Raleigh NC connection problem twitter follow-up

Hello,

Ever since applying the update on tuesday my xbox won't connect to live.  I've had no issues prior to this.  I've used the same ISP and router for 2 years.  I changed nothing except applying this update.  

There is no useful error displayed, just some general advice about opening port 3074 when I try the connection test.  The connection test fails on the last step, connecting to live.  All the other devices on my network are working fine, I can even play online with my PS3 (a bit embarrassing for live I'd say :) ). 

Things I've tried:

1.  Restart the cable modem and the router multiple times

2.  Put the xbox into the DMZ on the router

3.  Plugged xbox directly to cable modem

4.  Traceroute from router to xbox live servers passes through my ISP and fails here :  5  tge5-4.fr3.iad.llnw.net (69.28.156.193)  2963.167 ms !H * *  I can't get past that.

5.  Searched on twitter and talked to some friends in the area to confirm that I'm not the only one who is having this problem, other people in Raleigh on other ISPs are having the same problem as me.

None of these changed anything with the connection test it still always fails in the same spot and gives the same "open port 3074" advice, no useful error.  

I'm on roadrunner through time warner in Raleigh, NC if that matters.  I'll try calling them up tonight after work, but that's basically me just wasting 2 hours for nothing -- trace route and telnet are placing this problem squarely inside the Microsoft network.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there! When you say "no useful error displayed" do you mean that absolutely no error is shown? If there is one, please post it here for us to check out. Also, please check out our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) for suggestions. If nothing helps, please post back here with the requested information. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.