Rage: 22GB Install On Xbox 360

Perhaps RAGE‘s delay was for the better, as it now gives Xbox 360 owners plenty of time to clear off their hard drive space if they plan on installing id Software’s upcoming post-apocalyptic shooter. You may be asking yourself, “well, it can’t be that big of an install, can it?” Well, the answer is “yes,” and as you may or may not have suspected by media you’ve seen from the game, RAGE’s Xbox 360 install size is a whopping 22GBs!

Don’t you dare think about not installing RAGE either, as id’s John Carmack stated that while the install size is unfortunate, if you plan on playing on the Xbox 360, “that’s the way to go.” Otherwise, you’ll just hear that disc “churning around as it’s pulling everything in.” Even Blu-rays!

To help influence your decision, Bethesda has released some rather awesome screens of the game in action that will certainly make you feel the need to enjoy RAGE in its optimal form. So, check out the screens and then get to clearing those unplayed games and downloads from your hard drive right now!

Source 1

Source 2

Get ready to clear your hard drives.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Is this all just on one disc?

I think it on 3 discs

Awesome. Plenty of bang for your buck then.

As above, I read it was three discs, I also remember something about 2 discs for single campaign and the third for multiplayer, but I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but I did read it.

I really can't wait fro this game!

boom need a bigger HDD

Cant wait! This game must have so much content.

Xbox needs to bring out a new console asap im sick off these multi disc games