"Your Xbox Live membership information is not valid. Please use a profile that contains a valid membership".

I haven't fired up my xbox in about a month as I knew my gold was set to expire soon, and when I finally did to play some LA Noire my profile was unable to connect to Xbox Live and this message popped up. I tried connecting with another profile on my console and it connected without fail. I also tried moving my profile onto a USB flash drive, clearing the cache, restarting, and recovering but this resulted in another pop up telling me that it cannot connect to the sign up server. The resulting profile had zero gamerscore, and no bio, motto, etc. As I have expended my troubleshooting knowledge, I turn my troubles to you in hopes that you will be able to fix what I apparently broke.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You moved it and then recovered it? Was this USB device attached to the console when you recovered? You generally want to remove it completely (either by deleting the profile [profile only, not items!] or by moving it to another device and then unplugging it).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.