"Your console can't connect to Xbox Live..."

Hello,

I haven't played Xbox in a while, but for the past week or so, I've tried to connect to the Live service. Each time, I'm greeted with the following error message:

"Your console can't connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection?"

At first, I had a problem with downloading an update. I read through another thread and downloaded the update onto a flash drive and installed it. Although my system has been updated, it hasn't let me connect to Live. I've exited the session and attempted to check my network connection. The test shows that I'm connected to the network, but not to the Internet. However, I am able to use the same Ethernet cord to access the Internet on my laptop. 

I've tried clearing the cache and updating the system using the flash drive, but it hasn't worked. I'm in a college dorm, so I can't reset anything. It's strange— this is the first problem I've had using the Live service here, and although it may be a coincidence, I feel like my month long absence from Xbox Live may have had something to do with it. 

I'm not really sure what I'm to do. Any help is appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello there Flash Sideways! Sympathies for your connection issue! Let's see if we can't get you back on LIVE after your month long sabbatical. Can you first review our Start Here sticky and reply back with the information requested in bold. Can you also try a speed test and let us know the results! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My speedtest results:

9 ms PIng

69.35 Mb/s down

Up is Unknown

After restarting my Xbox, I have now gotten a new message: "Your console needs to download an update, but the update is currently unavailable."

As far as the other stuff goes, here it is:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Missouri, United States

Modem brand & model number:  Unknown

Router brand & model number: Unknown

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? N/A

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? N/A

Any Error Codes you encounter: 397D - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2751

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Washington University (or Hostirian)

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 0013

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: 0004 - 0000

L: 8015 - 192A

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wired

D: 172.17.239.253/0.0.0.0

S:

C:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.