"Xbox on" only works 30% of the time

Hey guys! So all my voice commands work like a champ once I'm in the system, but the "xbox on" feature only works very rarely. Is this a common problem and how are people fixing it? Thanks! Mike

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try saying "eggs-box" instead of "ecks-box". "eggs-box" seems to work better for me to power on the console.

They don't work at all for me and it's set up properly. It will never leave my drawer again.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

You have problems then... I have it working 100% every time.

Recalibrate your Kinect and turn stereo volume way up. I'm thinking that saying "xbox on" has to be pretty accurate because they don't want it coming on just from conversation in the room. I worked with it until I found the exact way to say it that it works every time. I also thing the phrase "xbox on" requires more assertiveness due to the fact that it doesn't want to accidentally come on.

Me and my son were trying this feature out several times lol....usually works.... every once in a while i had to repeat my self but only once! saying xbox off always works for me as well.

"xbox off" cannot work for you. The command to turn off the Xbox One is "Xbox, turn off".

^correct

Xbox off works great,  just the on function.  I'll try recalibrating today and will also try the "eggs on" . Thanks!

I usually have to repeat Xbox on before the console starts, but once in the dashboard all commands work very well. Try re-calibrating your Kinect mic\voice but this time keep the sound system loud enough so that Kinect says its too loud. Then bring it down a notch and continue the calibration until Kinect accepts it.

Xbox On

Xbox ... On

[Sad Face]

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360