"Xbox on" not working

Every other voice command works but this one. My power is set to instant Done the kinect calibrating Done the kinect tutorial Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Apparently you can put it in standby mode, in which case it would listen to xbox on. How you do this is anyone's guess.

I have since turned that instant wake mode off. Power consumption wise it drops to under a watt compared to 15w I believe. I like the idea of it and if your system is used regular I guess it is worth having it on.

It is the only command that isn't very successful on mine though and requires you to talk a lot louder, it may come on after around 3 attempts. Every other command, providing I use the right one, works flawless.

About energy-saving and Instant-On power modes

support.xbox.com/.../learn-about-power-modes

[quote user="doogdeb"]

Apparently you can put it in standby mode, in which case it would listen to xbox on. How you do this is anyone's guess.

[/quote]What you're describing is when the Xbox is off and plugged in. You can change the setting for the Xbox One to listen for the "Xbox on" command in Settings --> Power & Startup.

Source