"Xbox on" bug??

Just thought I'd share a couple of odd issues I've had so for with my x1. Last night my xbox would respond to "xbox turn off" but then when trying to "xbox on" it would flash the white power and then shut off immediately. The power brick would go orange and would require me to get off my backside to turn it on again (didn't try the pad) I tried this sequence about 3 or 4 times.. To resolve I had to go in to settings and disable instant on, then re-enable. Simple enough.. Anyway another bug today where all of a sudden I tried to load FIFA and it would crash straight after the "loading save data".. So I gave up and tried to load killer instinct instead.. This would crash on launch..both these issue happen twice before I said xbox off, this worked and I will add other apps worked as well before the reboot. When I tried the xbox on again it did the same try, to startup power light illuminates for a second then.. Power loss and orange psu light. Games work again after reboot but it sounds like a software bug to me?? It also decided to do it again after I went out for a bit and upon trying to show the missus the powers of turning the tv on with voice.. It didn't turn on.. It turned it off. Just thought I'd share so that if it is a software bug.. Other might be able to overcome or ms might issue a long term fix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Stealth,

Sorry for the length of issues that you experienced. I am wondering if you tried to reboot the console? Try this:

• (While on) press and hold the power button for 5 seconds till it turns off
  • Unplug the power from wall for 5 minutes
  • Plug the power back in and power on the unit

As for the "Xbox on" portion you can try re-calibrating the Kinect.

Reach back and let us know what you find.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.