"Xbox live sign up is currently unavailable, Please try again later" help!

Hello.

The short version:

I tried to recover my gamertag to another xbox and now it says "Xbox Live Sign up is currently unavailable. Please try again later". whenever i try to log on Xbox Live. And I can't play games when loged in because it says "Gamertag not recovered" It simply just log me off when i enter a game.

I've tried to search on the net for a solution. I've tried to delete all gamertags from my xbox (but not my gamefiles) and many other solutions that some nice fokes have suggested, but nothing helps.

Does anyone els have some other suggestions, then please reply to this post and let me know. I really want to get back to gaming so I can get the last achivments and hit 10.000 gamerscore. And get my wings in Gears of War 2.

Thanks.

The "long" version:

Today i was at my brothers place, farming achivments in Mordern Warfare 2. He asked if i wanted to do some splitscreen achivments on his xbox (and the other tv) in Fears 3 and ofc i was up for it. I recovered my gamertag onto his xbox. but when it was at about 90-95% of the download, a msg game up saying "Xbox Live Sign up is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

After this msg i couldn't see anything els then "My Xbox", all the other categories were gone (markedplace etc.) everytime i try to log on xbox live it just keeps loading.. I've tried to let it stand there for 1 hour but with no result :/

Ive tried to delete my gamertag profile from my xbox (but not my gamefiles, since i don't want to start all over with all my games, and since i dont want to loose my Gears of War 3 beta items)

Please let me know if you have a suggestion that might help!

Thanks.

Ps. Ive send a mail to Microsoft and hope to hear from them within a few days. If I do then ill post the reply here so those who might get this in the future will see what to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 107 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried recovering it again? This has happened to me before and when I re-recovered it, it worked fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, keep saying the same : / Im just afraid that my gamertag is screwed.. all the games ive bought,, downloadable content and ofc gamerscore. Im gonna try to phone Microsoft on Monday, if Im available in the short timeline they are open (the danish support is closed in the weekends and are only open while i got classes : / I hope my brother can call them for me.)

But thanks alot for the quick reply and suggestion!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello The SneakyBeef :) I have exacly the same problem! I have tried everything, withouth calling MS.. Odd that it is right at the same time we have the problem. It has been going for 3-4 days and I haven't found any solutions :( The strange part is, that I can recover my gamertag at my friends home. I've tried 2 friends and it works fine, but when I try at home, I always get that error... Please help me if you get a solution to your/our problem or MS contacts you back, good luck SneakyBeef :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello mate, Ive tried on my brothers xbox aswell, but same problem : / The odd thing is, it worked perfectly fine before i tried to recover it to his xbox. And he can still get online with his gamertag on his xbox (we haven't tried recovering his gamertag to my xbox, perhaps its worth a try tomorrow) o.O And ofc, when / if i get an answar then ill post it here so everybody with this anoying problem can solv it. And good luck to you 2 :)

Sorry this didn't help.

The Sneaky Beef, I resolved my problem. I had to Delete everything on my hdd, restarted and it worked right after that :) Try that SneakyBeef, if it doesn't work, well good luck with you and MS :). Write a message here, if you resolve your problem ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

i ve trying to recover my profile 10 times but it always says "Xbox Live Sign up is currently unavailable. and i cant even recover it on my old xbox360. does any one know how to fix this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's allready a topic about this. MS is trying to fix this problem at the moment, be patient.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I called Xbox Live Support and talked to someone about this problem. They told me to make a "dummy account" to see if that will sign you in. If that does not work he told me to check a couple times today. If that does not work the man told me that they are sending out  technicians to try to fix the server so it may be up tomorrow or later today.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all, there was a known issue this morning that has since been resolved. Now, are you still having this issue? I

Sorry this didn't help.

Any news is this got fixed ? im getting this error too, im losing Gold days and Gears !!! -.-

Sorry this didn't help.