"we dont recognise this computer"???????????????????

i try to go into my account details or add point section and this pops up. it asks me to put in a code from an email but i cant get into my emails atm. it then said it can text me the code but my phones duff atm. whats all this about. all i want to do is access my account and gift some points to a friend. i should be able to do this from any computer, not just one that xbox.com recognises. what on earth does that mean anyway. "we dont recognise this computer" so what! i provided my log in details so let me in to the account i pay for allready. this is very frustrating, any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi There Bert and Erny,

There were some recent changes to the security of Xbox.com which sounds to be what is causing that message to pop up. Let us know if the steps listed on the web page below helps.

support.xbox.com/.../lost-proofs

What if one of my proofs is wrong?

1.Go to Manage your security info and sign in using your Microsoft account.

2.Select Delete next to the proof you need to delete from your account.

3.Follow the instructions to confirm the deletion using one of your existing proofs.

Note If you have only one proof on your Microsoft account and you want to remove it, you may need to use that proof to validate its own removal. (For example, to remove an email address that is your only proof on your account, you may need to respond to an email message sent to that same address.)

I can’t access any of my proofs

If all of your security proofs (phone numbers, emails, trusted PCs) are outdated or wrong, you can request to have all the proofs removed from your account and enter new proofs. Follow these steps to reset all the security proofs for your Microsoft account:

1.Go to Remove all security info and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2.Click Remove all.

3.Enter new, valid proofs. These proofs will automatically be added to your account once the old proofs are removed.

How long will it take to reset my security proofs? Is there a way to expedite this process?

When you opt to have all your security info removed, messages are sent to every phone and email proof on your account. This process can take anywhere from 30 days to 6 months, depending on the number of proofs on your account. This is for your protection.

•The process of resetting your security proofs is designed to make sure that your account isn’t being accessed by an unauthorized user and to safeguard your account information (including any credit card information associated with your account).

•Xbox Support cannot expedite this process.

•You have the option of creating a new account at any time. However, once your existing account is recovered, the two accounts cannot be merged (for instance, any achievements earned or gamerscore points accumulated through your new account cannot be added to your old account).

Edit: Formatting

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just an FYI, you are not able to gift points to friends over XBOX Live. If you wanted to give your friend some Microsoft Points you would need to either give him the money to get his own points or purchase a Microsoft Points card at a retail store and give him the code that way, assuming that he is in the same region as you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. The e-mailadress Windows Live want to use to send me the code to, is not valuable anymore. I renewed my Gold abonnement and I need to change the standard (so called) choice that I have: I  don't want to extend that abonnement. If I can't do that, XBox will take MY money, for extending something I can't manage. It makes me mad: I want to manage my own money, and if it takes more than 1 or 2 months because of a new security system, then Xbox may steal my money?

Is this right? Don't tell me that waiting is the only possibility to undo the 'automatic renewal policy' from XBox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Call XBOX Support, it's honestly that simple. If you can't login to the account to turn off automatic renewal then you call XBOX Support for your region and they turn it off.

Sorry this didn't help.

As Hassassinade said, your best bet will be to contact Xbox Phone Support for your region. They will be able to assist with turning off automatic renewal if you are not able to access the feature on Xbox.com.

If you live in USA/Canada, the phone number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX (469-9269)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers! I live in Belgium. So do you know the phone number of the support in Belgium too (the Dutch part of Belgium, not the French part)?

At first sight I can't find it...

Sorry this didn't help.

Belgium

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone Numbers

+32 27106180 or 0800 7 9790

Hearing impaired (TTY) 0800 9791 7

Luxembourg customers only

3420808165 or 8002 1013

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the phone number!

I took contact and the problem is solved now.  Thanks to all of you... :o)

Sorry this didn't help.