"This payment option is used on as many accounts as it’s allowed to be" Paypal

Hello i'm trying to renew my live membership but i get this error (This payment option is used on as many accounts as it’s allowed to be) when i try to use my paypal account. I don't know how to remove an account from paypal.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

Hey there AB!  Apologies that you're getting that error message. If you would like to remove a payment option from your account, click here (support.xbox.com/.../remove-xbox-live-payment-option) If you would like to change a payment option, follow these steps (support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-payment-option) and if you would like to add a payment option, click here (support.xbox.com/.../add-xbox-live-payment-option)  I hope those links helped out.  Post back to let us know if that helped out at all. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. I'm getting the same message when trying to set up Xbox Music. It's saying "This payment option is used on as many accounts as it’s allowed to be, remove it from those accounts and try again." I only have one account and the card is valid until 2018. I've also added my PayPal account but get the same error message. Any ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the same message. I know you guys were hacked but your website states that the core systems are up and running again. This is really frustrating. If this part of your system isn't running properly - why not just say so. This way we know where we stand.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same issue. Only have had my xbox for a day and already having these issues. My card is only on onr account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone!

If you are continuing to experience the account issue, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive individual support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.