"Tampering"

i sent my box 360 s in to be repaired, i checked today to see whats goin on with it... the guy said my xbox was tampered with and they wouldnt repair it but i know i didnt do anything that would mess up my warranty for it, is there anything i can do to dispute this and get it fixed? or maybe another tech can take a look at the console?????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Call support. We are community members not staff.

Dude when someone open the Xbox, the Xbox Team see that. It is not like you can accidentally ruin this proof in the console. The Xbox Support don´t lie to you.

If it wasn´t you, then someone else opened it. You can surly ask nice if they would take a look at that again. 

You could also ask nice if they would tell you where someone opened it. But I don´t know if they tell you, depends on how you behaved on the phone the first time.

It could be a mistake of them but I doubt it cause they check a Xbox completely. A lot of people act innocent....to get a new Xbox, just saying.

i understand that, but ive only had my xbox for maybe 6 months 1st one ive had, like i said im not goin to try openin it when i know it would mess up the warranty, i was too scared to leave it sittin around when i wasnt useing it so id cover it with a shirt to keep dust and such out

I never opened  Xbox, I prefer sending it to the repair service no matter if out of guarantee or not. None of my Xbox got opened by anyone else then the Xbox repair service. All work fine since that. I understand that you are worried for your Xbox but I don´t think there is just one security proof to see if your Xbox was opened or not. I don´t know where you bought it. But what I know is, that there are retail sellers, who take back a Xbox without checking it. Which means if someone bought the Xbox before you did and gave back a different one or messed up yours, you end up with a messed up Xbox in the end. Please don´t name here where you bought it. I don´t say i could be right but it can always happen. I don´t have any idea how to check that. Usually they forget old bills in the box but depends on how they handle it. So if you really didn´t opened it, and also no one else you know that that is the only way it could be explainable. It´s just a guess. Sorry for you but I do believe the Support but like I said maybe you should call again.

You can always take it to a third party repair shop. Yes, technically against rules but you really have nothing else to loose since Microsoft won't fix it.

i shouldnt have to got to a 3rd party, i never tampered with it nor would i let someone other then the people who built it mess with it, ive only called once about this issue but now it seems they have banned me from contacting them.... some customer support they have just told me thanks for ur several 100 $$$$ and shove it

That sound strange... I can´t believe that.

dude just forget about getting your xbox repair just go buy a cheap xbox 360 for like 80 bucks at a pawn shop....they got alot of cheap stuff that not open but it worth it and u should buy it instead of paying or using a rediculous warrenty that force u to pay extra amount for a year.....if u dont want to then go on youtube and look up how to repair your xbox brand new again they got tut of how to do it and i would recommend it.....

Oh, I can believe they'd ban someone from contacting them.  Wouldn't be the first time.

You have to go to the store and we didn´t told you to spam the Xbox Support with calls. No wonder they block your calls.

If its a new Xbox then you need to go where you bought it. If it is a used one, you can´t be surprised that someone opened it before.