"Sorry, We can't play this disc" Becoming a frequent message, time to be concerned?

I have a Day1 Xbone but it was not put into use until Christmas. It's worked perfectly up until last week. I went through several Bluray movies rented from Redbox that where a message would pop up about my TV not being HDCP compatible, which it is. After a few re-inserts of the discs they would eventually pass the HDCP check I guess because they would play fine. I could not purposely duplicate this issue but I did cycle through several movies and managed to get it to happen once on Pirates of the Carribean 3. The HDCP issue only ever occured on Sat, Jan 18th.

The following day and I guess every day since I have been receiving a message that says "Sorry, We can't play this disc. Try an Xbox One game, Music CD, blah, blah, blah". It happens when inserting Forza5 or AC4. It usually only takes one or 2 eject, reinsert for it to recognize the disc. That message doesn't pop up for movies and the HDCP message I mentioned above hasn't happened with a movie since.

Since it's such a random issue should I wait for it to be a more predictable problem before I contact Microsoft for a repair or should I do it now. I'm worried that if I do it now they won't be able to duplicate it and will just send it back in it's current condition as I've had ASUS do with a PC component before.

oh and yes I've checked to make sure the discs I am using were clean :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Take pictures of it for backup to prove your case if it comes down to disbelief.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.