"Sorry, this console is already registered to another account"

I have a brother who has Xbox Preview and I wanted to get it so I opened the Xbox Preview App and I get "Sorry, this console is already registered to another account". Does this mean I have Xbox Preview or not?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hi, vvilc0;

Correct me if I am wrong; you mean you wanted to get the preview app be downloaded to your account that is not a preview account?

If yes then it would just be normal that you will get the said error message. Because only preview accounts are able to download the said app. And each preview account should register a device under their preview account.

For you to be able to be a preview member you should ask your brother to send you an invitation then be sure to accept it. Just a heads up though, there are limited slots available for preview accounts. Just try your luck.

Then after you are able to accept the invitation please try to chat with support and have them check if your account is already a preview account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The above post is mostly correct.  However, at this current time the preview program is full and they are not adding new people to it.  You could have your brother send your gamertag an invite but you would not be guaranteed access to the program at this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi vvilc0,

That message does not have the ability confirm nor deny if you are in the Preview Program.

I get that same message when I try to open the Preview App on my husband's console. The app is locked to a specific Preview Member on a specific registered console. Any other users on that console, whether in the Preview Program or not, will not be able to access that app.

When I go to my console, I am able to open the Preview App and do my own testing, but my husband gets the same error when he tries to open the app.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.