"Sorry, this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date."

Okay get this one guys and yea ima use this thread and all other i can find for this stupid issue. I bought a pre-owned Xbox from Game Stop and this was about 3 months ago and NOW it says that same pop up "Sorry, this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date." I pay the $10.00 a month for gold and the other account on it used a 12 month gold card. It was from the old owner of the Xbox 360 that never paid it. ALSO I HAVE TALKED TO THREE BILLING AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PEOPLE! ALL SAID THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO! i do not know who the old owner was but this isn't fair that i paid for the Xbox 360 and my memberships and now i can't even play my game because you guys cant figure out how to separate the old account and up date YOUR systems so i can go back to using MY Xbox.  So yea i agree with the others. Please find a way to fix this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well if its not your account (meaning you did not create it), then theres not much you can do. What happened is called a "payment suspention" Meaning the credit card on the account was charged but not paid. Therefore it owes money. Seice its not yours. You cant really do anything. As far as i know, Youll have to create a new account. Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've created two new accounts. It's my entire console that won't let me do anything. Once i got the pre owned Xbox 360 i deleted the other account and all the saves. Like i said both of the accounts on the Xbox are up to date. It's because of the entertainment plan from what i was told which is a two year contract with the person that originally bought the Xbox and then sold it to game stop which is where i come in and buy it. That account has nothing to do with me or this house hold, so i don't understand how i am punished for something that has nothing to do with me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the console that was sold to you by GameStop is a console on a 2-year contract, you'll need to work with GameStop to get an exchange. It's not your fault that they sold you a console that was still tied to someone else's account.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what im currently trying to do. I figured i might as well see if Microsoft can just use the serial number to disconnect it from the other account considering they should make it so that kind of thing can be avoided. I literally waited in line for over 9 hours for the assassins creed 4 just so i can get home and play it and my roommate was watching netflix when i walked in and then ONCE i turned it on in my room because i had to move it from rooms that pop up happened and now i cant even play it so i not only wasted all my time but also all my money because Microsoft didn't just make a way so they can separate the accounts for this kind of thing. Game stop is one of their main ways of selling what they have to sell so you would think they'd figure things like this would happen. I'm just trying to get this fixed so i can go back to playing what i paid for.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay so far what's going on is i can't exchange the Xbox because it's passed the return date. Microsoft WON'T just cut the tie or let me send it to them and they send me a different Xbox even though i have a warranty. I am now forced to wait 1-2 weeks just for a possibility to get the 2 year contract removed or moved into my name and to be honest after all this i really don't think im even going to be helped. So it's game stops fault for them selling a Xbox with a two year contract and Microsoft's fault for not telling game stop to not buy those Xboxes from anyone because of this exact reason. I paid full price for a pre owned xbox and now i cant even get what i paid for? And i even have the warranty but it doesn't cover this? Anyone have any suggestions for me to do? OTHER THEN PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR MICROSOFT SINCE YOU GUYS ARE NO HELP!

Sorry this didn't help.

Honestly if you have already talked to MS on the phone and they said tjey will try and transfer the old account to you there really isnt much else for you to do. Although I am rather curious why they wont fix this issue for you if you bought a warranty for the console. How did you purchase the warranty? From gamestop or from MS through xbox.com?

Sorry this didn't help.

They wont transfer the old account because the old account isn't mine. They said their going to try and get rid of the contract or change it into my name. Which i doubt they will do. I bought the warranty at the same time as the console at game stop. Its showing on their systems though. They know i have the warranty but apparently it just doesn't matter. I'm getting NO help from Micro soft even though all i SHOULD have to do is send them the Xbox and they A: send me the same one but without the contract. OR Just delete the contract and all traces of it. Or even just completely erase everything on the Xbox. The formatting didn't work either i tried that. This is just straight insane that i had to pay FULL price for the pre owned Xbox and no help by the people that made the system.

Sorry this didn't help.

They can't just "delete the contract". It's a legally binding contract that the person electronically signed/agreed to when they purchased said console. Eventually, these consoles are banned if the payment on them is not made. You won't be able to get any help from Microsoft on this matter because they won't be able to simply change the name on the contract to yours, it's not how these things work, and it would be illegal to do so.

You'll need to go back to the place of purchase and get them to take the console back. Wherever you purchased it from should not be selling contracted Xbox 360's. That's their fault for even accepting a console without looking at it or confirming that it was under contract.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft still should have made a way that they can handle this kind of problem because im not the only one that this has happened to. I know its game stops fault which is why im going after them as well. Still doesn't change the fact that they should have made a way to either change the name or to be able to take the system back and send out a different one. Especially since i can prove that i DID NOT agree to their terms nor did i sign ANY contract. So basically why should i be screwed over by both game stop for selling me this and microsoft for not making a way to fix it? Its just nuts.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Blader! So sorry to hear that you've had to go through this mess with a pre-owned Entertainment For All console, and I wish I was able to help directly from here.

You've taken the right steps to get this sorted out. It looks like the proper team is now investigating the case and they will do what they can to get you back to gaming. Please understand that it can take some time to look into this though. Hassassinade has it right in that the contract can't simply be deleted. That contract binds the console you have to the person who registered for the plan, and there's a process to untangle that big knot.

The team that's taken your case will be in touch with you as they make progress, so please keep an eye on your email inbox and spam folder! If you don't hear from them within the estimated time frame they provided, go ahead and give our phone team another call with the case reference number and they can see what's up.

Sorry this didn't help.