"Sorry this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date" Error

I'm getting this error message after starting up my xbox and I can't play now. I've tried clearing the system cache and deleting and redownloading my profile to no avail. My subscription lapsed last month because my mother had to cancel her credit card and I'm only now getting a new card to pay for my account, I had the Entertainment for All plan before the lapse, and now I don't, so I bought a new 12 month gold subscription, then after chatting with support they wanted to try and refresh my sub so thy canceled my new sub (issuing me a refund) and told me to buy it again, I did this any nothing changed. I don't know what to do, I wish I never got this entertainment for all plan...it's be a huge problem for me, this is the 3rd time it's made my system unplayable...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As far as I know, the console must be locked for non-payment of an Entertainment For All Plan, because it is not technically paid for (remember, it was purchased at discount as part of this deal).  So either the 2-year contract needs to play out to completion, or an Early Termination Fee would need to be collected.  You might need to work with Customer Support regarding this, specifically an agent that is familiar with the Entertainment For All Plan.  I understand that they're phasing it out, and I don't know if that changes anything about the terms, or if current contracts are still obligated to their original agreements.  Assuming that everything is to continue as normal until all contracts run out, then for this console to be switch back on, you'll either need to resume the contract, or buy it out through Early Termination.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.