"Something wrong with your account" when trying to upgrade to gold

Was on with a support person and they couldn't help :( No error code given, just "there is a problem" but as far as anyone can tell... there is no problem... so what, does this just mean I am out of luck or has anyone come across this and a solution?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You could also check and make sure that your card was activated from the retailer. If your upgrading completely through your console or the website give it some time and try again. You can contact support at 18004myxbox, or check out the support forums support.xbox.com/en-US (chances are someone has had the same problem), you can check the status of xbox live support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status it will report any issues with xbox live, which might provide an explanation. As far as it being corrupted that's not my area, but if you check the memory section on your console I believe if you view your profile file, if it's corrupted it will say so.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

could be possible that your profile is corrupted. may try deleting it from the console then recovering it see if that will work  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.