"Ready to install" feature in "My games & apps". Why there and why for demo games?

I decided to post some of my thoughts about that option, as many people are talking about this as well.

All games are nicely displayed as a tiles in "My games & apps". All sorted and nice looking. One day I installed one of the demo games (Dead Rising 3) and after playing it a while (2 x 20 minutes) I simply uninstalled that game from my console. Now there is a surprise for almost everyone, that game is visible on the right hand side of your screen in that freshly created grey field under the "Ready to install" menu.

Why a demo game has to be there from now all the time and waiting for me to install it again? After I checked that demo I would like to buy now a full game and what is the point to display that demo over there? I understand that good idea for full paid games as you want them to have in your purchase history forever and get easy access for them, but I can not understand this for demos. I am sure that most of the people will have the same opinion as mine. And by the way that "Ready to install" menu should be in some other place, for example in the first row in settings somewhere between "Payment & billing" and "Subscriptions", but definitely not in "My games & apps" in the way how it is displayed right now.

I hope my post will somehow highlight that annoying thing to the engineers.

PS. Sorry for any possible mistakes in my post, but English is not my native language ;)

Lukas.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

I totally get what you're saying there.  To play devils advocate though, basically the system is set up in a way to just keep track of games you "purchase" for the system.  I put that in quotes because as you've probably noticed that even in the case of a free game or demo, you still technically purchase that game before you install it, thus it shows up in your purchase history.

I think what they need to do is make it kind of like on the 360 and move the purchase history menu into settings or something, so that way it's not always in your face, or even go so far so to give us the ability to remove things from the list.  But that comes with it's own can of worms.  DIYD, DIYD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a support forum, the best place to post this would be in the feedback forums here forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Xbox Ambassador.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.