"Offensive" gamertags?

Hi everyone!

Just a quick question... I'm a recovering drug addict, and I see a lot of gamertags (and clan tags, as well) that have a LOT of drug references; things such as kush, 420, blazer, blunt, dope, etc. I personally find them to be an affront to my daily recovery. Please, don't think I'm looking for either sympathy or a pat on the back. That's not the case. I just want to know if that type of gamer generated content would be construed as offensive per the CoC. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

XBOX Live! Code Of Conduct Says;

•Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.

Your mad because your going on Xbox Live, a public place for anyone to be on, and complaining that people are using drug references and it makes you uncomfortable? If this is the case,you should not even be on the internet right now, and may as well lock your doors and never leave your house again.

As is always the case, if you think a gamertag of offensive, please file a complaint via the console. We do not entertain discussions about Gamertags/Profile Content which may or may not be against the Code of Conduct here on the site. That is purely up to the members of the Policy and Enforcement Team to delineate.

-Jim