"Microsoft account associated with another Xbox live profile. Try another profile." - What the hell do I do? I havent a clue and just trying to get this crap set up for my son to play!

So my son has set up a few profiles on the game console.  I set up a microsoft live account and even redeemed the xbox live one month code that came with the xbox360.  trying to sign in and get the above message about using another profile.  WTF?  Now what?  I am so aggravated I want to spit nails!

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2018 Views 202 Applies to:

Hello there!

Sorry to hear that you are having to face this frustrating issue. You will need to change the Microsoft Account associated to your profile to see if that can shed any light. Here is a guide on how to do so, be sure to change it to a current email address you are going to remember for in case you are required to enter it in the future for that profile (security purposes).

1. Sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.
  2. Go to settings and select Account.
  3. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
  4. Select Microsoft account (Your Windows Live ID is your Microsoft account.)
  5. Do one of the following:
    • If you already have another Microsoft account, select Yes.
    • If you don't have another Microsoft account, go to accounts.live.com and click Sign up. After you have another Microsoft account set up, select Yes and continue with the next step.
  6. Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in
  7. Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
  8. Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account.
  9. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.

Hope this helps,

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.