"Membership information isn't valid"

I went to log on to XBox Live a few days ago, and got this message - "Your XBox Live membership information isn't valid, Please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from XBox Live."

So, I went to recover my profile from XBox Live, and got the account I'm now making this post from. I've never set up an account called "RashCircle7", I've never used it and I've got no idea why, when I put my email address and password in, this is the account that comes up.

My actual account is one called "Mortimerx". 8874 points, fetching St. Louis Cardinals outfit, I've been using it for years, and still have around 9 months of my Gold membership left to run, Problem is, of course, that I can't get to it - I can see it on my "log onto your account" page, but that's as far as I can go. I'm a little annoyed by this, obviously, and would like my account back.

I sent an email to customer support about 4 days ago and have had no reply, so I figured before I phoned up and was put on hold for an hour, I'd give this support forum a try. Anyone got an idea what I could do to get this working again?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

Hey Rashcircle!

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. If you feel your account was compromised, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to start an Unauthorized Access investigation (this usually takes around 25 days and your account will be suspended during this time). You can also check our Account Security page (http://xbox.com/security) for more info on protecting your account.

We  hope your investigation runs smoothly and quickly. Please let us know if we can help you out with anything else!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the answer, but calling me "Rashcircle" when I've just spent my entire post telling you that's not my name indicates you didn't really read what I wrote, or are a bot.

Why didn't the support people respond to the email I sent several days ago, do you think?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry about that Mortimer, guess i got mixed up *embarrassing*! I'm not sure why you did not get an email back, however i would still give the team a call just get things rolling a little quicker.

Once the team gets started with your investigation they will respond to you and keep you posted as events arise.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mortimer, it sounds like there's a slight possibility that your account has been accessed by another user, and that they've changed your information. In this light, I strongly suggest calling phone support ASAP to see if there's been any unauthorized activity on your account; if there has been, the agent will help you open an unauthorized access investigation.

If you're in the US or Canada, you can reach phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX, but please let me know if you'd like the number for a different region.  

Sorry this didn't help.

RashCircle!! That's a bad one!!! Wow those computer generated names are baaaad! Sorry this has happened. What I am thinkng occurred is that when you signed in on here, you used a WLID that you THOUGHT was on your other GT...or maybe if your account was comprimised, they changed your WLID making it free to be used on a new one. At any rate, please call support, they can help you for sure! Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like someone changed the WLID associated with your GamerTag.

They don't put you on hold for an hour. Granted they don't respond to you and keep you posted as events arise once the team gets started with your investigation either. At least not from my own personal experience and having read up and down these forums. I wouldn't call not hearing anything for months. Getting no reply backs to phone calls or emails and just being told the investigation is still ongoing with no information from the investigation team. As keeping one posted as events arise.

Sorry this didn't help.