"Losing Connection During Play" BUT still connected to xbox live??

Hello,

For the past 2 days I have been experiencing a less than enjoyable experience while playing on xbox live: I am being lagged out or kicked out of online games.  HOWEVER, in each game, Red Dead Redemption, Fight Night Champion, Bad Company 2 I am still logged on to XBOX Live.  To sum it up, it says I lose or have NO Internet connection BUT I am fully functional on xbox live.  Strange???? If anyone can help me, please forward any valuable information or help. Is it my ethernet cable??

Thank you in advanced.

P.S Also, when I run a connectivity test, Everything is great. But this problem keeps happening. I use a cable modem, very reliable and always good ping. But for some strange reason its like its saying "You're online but you have no internet". ?????????????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

are you hooked directly to the cable modem or do you use a router? If you use a router, connect the xbox directly to the modem and see if your problem still happens. If it works fine then you need to trash your router and go buy another one. otherwise, if problems still occurr then the problem is with the cable modem or network cables, and you need to get a cable tech to check your stuff.

hope that helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.