"Incorrect router password"

Hey, i use sky broadband and to tell the truth it's been nothing but hassle with everything going wrong most of the time, but, i'm stuck with it for now. What's happening now however is very strange.

The day i got my xbox, it connected to live fine, then about 3 days after, it would not connect to sky. After a connection test, it told me that the router password was incorrect, even though i never changed it. It took me 3 more connection tests with the same result until it finally got a connection. A few weeks later it then got more persistant, sometimes requiring TEN connection tests, other times it would not connect at all until i rebooted the router.

But now, i was playing online for quite some time when i turned off my xbox for lunch. After turning it back on i got the "incorrect wireless password" problem again, however this time, no matter how many tests/reboots i do, it will not get a connection. My laptop which i am using now has never had the problem.

How can i fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Have you tried to reset the XBOX 360's Network settings back to default? If you haven't try that out by following the instructions below.

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if you are using an adapter).
  3. Turn on your console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.