"Darksiders II" Released Today - What Do You Think?

From the cartoony style, the ridiculous story and the poor attempts to clone Zelda there werre a number of things that that put me off being able to enjoy the original "Darksiders".

Just because I personally didn't enjoy it takes nothing away from the people that did though and despite the things that bugged me it was a decent sized and well presented game.

I'm curious to know what the new one is like so now that it's released, if you've got it, how would you describe it?

Would you recommend it and why?

Cheers,

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Had this since Saturday (nods to shopto) this is a completely different better, larger game more attention to background story, the character, there are elements of rpg in there, in terms of the ability to upgrade weapons, and equipment, the graphics suit perfectly in my opinion, im really enjoying it so far.

If you didnt enjoy the original, going to be hard to suggest you try the 2nd Darksiders game which will be more of the same, with some great additions

-

Each to their own

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

If you didnt enjoy the original, going to be hard to suggest you try the 2nd Darksiders game which will be more of the same, with some great additions

-

[/quote]

What are the great additions?

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

[/quote]

See 5 page thread at the top of forums http://forums.xbox.com/en-gb/uk_general_xbox_discussion/f/229/t/294321.aspx

-

[/quote]

[/quote]

More choice in weapons, custimizations of weapons and armour to build your own Death. New combat and movements to give a more fluid control of Death. More side quests and RPG elements and conversation choices

-

Thats just what I have seen in the first hour of playing...story is superb, with better narration etc

-

Like I said, if you did not like the first then you may feel the same with the second 

-

[/quote]

[/quote]

More choice in weapons, custimizations of weapons and armour to build your own Death. New combat and movements to give a more fluid control of Death. More side quests and RPG elements and conversation choices

-

Thats just what I have seen in the first hour of playing...story is superb, with better narration etc

-

Like I said, if you did not like the first then you may feel the same with the second 

[/quote]
Also throw in much larger areas to explore and considerably improved platforming sections and better dungeon design.

----==-=-=-=

To be honest, I actually think that even if you didn't like the first, there's a good chance you'll like the second. They don't feel that similiar, in my view.

-

-

[/quote]

That's handy to know.  I was probably expecting something a little different from the original because let's face it, it's a decent enough game and that's what usually leads to people who are dissapointed with decent games if they're honest with themselves.

Now that I have a better idea on what to expect I may find myself enjoying the experience if I go back, or at least I may be in a better frame of mind to enjoy the new one.

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

See 5 page thread at the top of forums

[/quote]

That's a discussion thread from over a month ago.  The game came out today.  No doubt it's pages long and by now has decended into a conversation between Loftybee (no offence to the guy) and 3 or 4 others dancing around Strangetron (no offence to that guy either) declaring that the game is rubbish.

I'll stick with this one thanks.

Az

I would say give it a rent if you are able then Az. The opening is amazing, the new menu system easy to navigate and Death is his own Horseman then a copy of what characteristics War had in the original.

-

With the new shared loot system you can get and give equipment and weapons to friends, and it already looks like it will be a solid game experience well over the standard ten hour mark as other games...16hrs for my first Darksiders and this feels far bigger then that

Can I add to this as well?  The difficulty spikes of the original have gone, the environment of this one is vastly different too - and the artwork is beautiful throughout as well!!  Yes, there are very slight graphical issues, but they never tarnish the game at all.

Yes, maybe it is derivative of other games and genres, but in a year where that is what we've been given pretty much (you want innovation?  You really need to look at XBLA or XBLIG!!), this is fast and action-packed, but with the depth to back it up.

Im gonna come from the other side, i havent played the original. I' m really enjoying this one, and am thinking is it worth my while buying the first once i finish this one......