"Dark Souls": Only If You're Hard Core?

Apparenty, if you attempt to Party Chat while playing "Dark Souls" the game will Pimp Slap you back to the dashboard.

Is this like when they chuck you out of the Crucible if your mobile goes off?

Like being ejected from the theatre for talking during the play?

Building the immersion?

Or taking the 'Hardcore' mantle too far?

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Dose not effect me due to me getting it on the PS3. But it dose seem a tag to much from the developers. How dose privet chatting to your friends give you a leg up on a game like Dark Souls?

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

You shouldn't be talking while playing single player games anyway i never do, spoils it.

Unless its your second playthrough or getting collectables etc...

[/quote]

Same for me, I can't be in party chat whilst playing singleplayer. Nothing worse than watching a cutscene or a bit of dialogue in game with all my mates yapping down my ear, not to mention the fact it totally destroys the immersion. None of them seem to understand this and always have a go at me for not joining parties when I'm playing singleplayer lol.

You shouldn't be talking while playing single player games anyway i never do, spoils it.

Unless its your second playthrough or getting collectables etc...

for anyone interested, IGN UK are hosting a live 24hr streaming of Dark Souls being played....uk.ign.com/.../dark-souls-24-hour-livestream

I think the devs are just trolling poeple.

maxed out phantom enemies on people pre launch.

A game where you can quite literally be reduced to nothing if you die and a game that gets harder with more deaths.

A feature that kicks people for using partychat.

The red Phantom system letting griefers level up then attack people in their game so expect to be playing level 1 and having a level 50 player camping round a corner area for you lol

Too far, people will say Party Chat ruins the immersion but so does typing out messages for other folk with a control pad, meh.

It's complete rubbish is what it is. Can't believe they've taken away a feature that I freakin pay for.