Quick question about expired credit card.

Hi, I'm new to this whole forum thing so I hope I'm putting this in the right place, but I have a quick question. 

My credit card expired before Xbox Live was set to take money out for automatic renewal, so I thought I just wouldn't have online anymore until I fix everything, but for some reason when I turned Xbox on today I still have online. How is that? I even got emails saying my credit card expired and it couldn't charge me, but it still charged me.  I just turned off auto renewal but I was wondering what will happen now? I still didn't update my credit card because it already charged me so I have no point now, but what will happen if I keep a expired card on here? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Have you checked to see if your card has any charges, just in case?

Your best bet is to just call them up instantly so they can revert your account to silver.

If you take no actions and leave an expired card on there, you will constantly receive emails from MS trying to get their money since it's been 6 months or so and you havent paid them.

If you get them to sort out your problem, they revert you to Silver but you keep an expired card, you might have issues with certain things and there is a chance you wont be able to have XBL Gold.

Let's say you leave your expired card on the account, next year you decide to buy a 12month card and redeem it, sure you will be a Gold member but you will be locked out until you update your payment issues.

Just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX or use the support links on the top of the page if you are outside of North America.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.