Questions regarding the gold membership

You may have seen me posting questions on other sections :P, but I always remember that I haven't asked something.

1.When I get the gold membership, do you get some microsoft points in the start to spend on games or something like that?

2. Microsoft points. I never got what these exactly do. Can you only buy them or you can earn them too in some way? Can you buy games with them? What else can you do with them?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

1. It depends on how you purchase the membership. Sometimes there are promotions on the Xbox where if you purchase a gold membership through it you can receive free points, although you won't get them instantly. Otherwise you have to purchase them separately.

2. Points are kind of like a currency used only through the Live service. You use them to purchase anything available in the Xbox marketplace (games, add-ons to games, etc.). You can buy them through stores or through the console itself. If you live in US or UK you can earn them through the Xbox Rewards Program. There are a lot of scam sites claiming to earn free points, but you should only trust anything coming straight from Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh so you can buy the points through the console. Does it automatically use your gold membership info if you have put it in (will be PayPal in my case)?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. If you have some sort of payment method on file it will use that.

Sorry this didn't help.