Questions about downloading Xbox Live Profile onto new Xbox 360

I've had to send my Arcade Xbox 360 to get repaired and I've been told that it might not be able to be repaired, now I'm looking at new Xbox 360's in case I have to get one, what I want to know is can I download my Xbox Live profile onto this new Xbox 360 if I have to get it, if so how?

Also will I be able to access my download history on it as I had DLC for several games  on two 12GB Hard Drives that I used with my current Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).

Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account or password.

Note “Microsoft account” is the new name for what used to be called “Windows Live ID.” It’s the email address and password you use to sign in to Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE). Find out more.

Now, enter your Microsoft account password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.

Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Microsoft account password to sign into your profile.

All the above was copied from this link :support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Will I be able to access my download history on it as I had DLC for several games  on two 12GB Hard Drives that I used with my current Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes your dlc will be available in your download history

Sorry this didn't help.

After downloading a profile, generally all the things that you did on that profile will be saved as long as it was connected to xbox live, so dlc history and such will be saved to your account, though keep in mind you still need to re-download the dlc itself to play/use it. But, unless I am wrong, it is free to re-download the content using the profile that you purchased it with initially.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! I can confirm with thefallenlords that the DLC you purchased will be free to download should you purchase another XBOX. High five to you, thefallenlords!

Sorry this didn't help.