Question: Will the Xbox One have new themes aka backgrounds?

Question: Will the Xbox One have new themes aka backgrounds? Like for example will we be able transfer our Xbox 360 themes to the Xbox One.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No you can only change the tile colours at this stage. Not sure if that will change.

I'm pretty sure customization will change as updates are rolled out over time.

I haven't bought a Theme in years but I do use Custom jpg.Files. I hope that at least makes it? Everything that has been shown so far from the UI/ Dashboard is changing the color of the squares and that's about it. I hope there's more to it.

Question: Will you ever return to a thread you create and thank people for answering your random questions? Like for example, this one... Why ask all of these questions if you never acknowledge the answers?

I would really want one, but being able to put a picture on it would be great. I just use some of my favourite pics I have on my PC I use one of them on my Xbox 360 Dashboard. That's "personalized". You can definitely do so for Xbox 360 so why not Xbox One since it's "Xbox"? There are those of us who would want to add our favourite pic as a Dashboard background rather than just change a-colour. They do roll out Xbox Live Updates maybe it will be included at launch or not long after that hopefully.

[quote user="Sevendust1981"]

Question: Will you ever return to a thread you create[/quote]No, he just trolls for answers to give others. It's why his Ambassador symbol has a star instead of a number.

why even bother with a theme?

with all those stupid tiles covering the screen, it seems that themes are a thing of the past.

[quote user="ohbeard1"]

why even bother with a theme?

with all those stupid tiles covering the screen, it seems that themes are a thing of the past.

[/quote] If you can apply a custom theme you could make one that would work around the tiles.

[quote user="IceStorm III"][quote user="Sevendust1981"]

Question: Will you ever return to a thread you create[/quote]No, he just trolls for answers to give others. It's why his Ambassador symbol has a star instead of a number.

[/quote]Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

You probably wont be able to use Xbox 360 themes, but I'm sure they'll gradually release free to paid for themes at some point. And you also have to look forward to future dashboard updates that may allow themes. I do wonder if you could put custom pictures on as themes when the console releases, that'd be cool.