Question: Why Can't we Remove CC# Info Simply?

I truly do not understand why we simply cannot remove CC info in favor of a Prepaid Card without Calling The Support Line. It seems now we cannot even stop auto renewal on Live accounts. Someone please explain why we cannot change payment methods to Simply use the PrePaid Cards.

I do not want to call Support since I know they outsource to other countries ... and I don't know exactly who I am talking to. So I do not feel comfortable giving my info out over the phone.

I really do not understand why removing a CC has to be THIS much of a hassle.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you have auto renewal enabled you'll have to call customer support. That's the only way to get that disabled I believe. If you don't have auto renewal set up you can go to "My Xbox" at the top, then "Accounts". Next click on "Manage Payment Options" and the option to remove your Credit / Debit will be right there.

But I agree that it's stupid how they have it setup. You should be able to disable auto renewal straight from the website just like how you can enable it on the website.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

there is only 1 way to enable it and it doesn;'t require the website

by aggreeing to the terms of use and purchase now

you enable it

this membership will renew

Sorry this didn't help.

Just wanted to clarify here a little. To remove a credit card completely from an account, you would first turn off auto renewal, but you also have to wait until your current subscription expires as well. If you have an active Gold subscription that was purchased with a credit card, the card must remain on the console for the duration. You don't have to use it at all, and if you turn auto renewal off, it won't charge you another cent. Does that make sense?

Sorry this didn't help.