Question to MS: why should I NOT expect stick drift on the Elite Controller? (ie. convince me to buy this expensive peripheral)

Last night, the right stick on my newest (!) Xbox One controller began drifting up on its own.  This is the third controller I've had this issue on.  The first was on my Day One controller (show your support for the Xbox brand with this special Day One branded controller that no one will ever see, because it doesn't work!).  I then suffered right stick drift on the replacement controller, so I replaced that.  Now the replacement of my replacement has stick drift, again on the right stick.

This is clearly a major issue.  75% of the controllers I've owned have broken in less than six months.  This latest replacement stopped working in 63 days.  I say broken, because the sole purpose of a controller is to serve as an interface between the player and the console, transmitting player inputs to the console.   When the inputs the controller sends to the console aren't the player's, it is not working.  It is broken.  Period.

Phil Spencer needs to address this.  I respect what he's done for the brand and the platform to date, but I find his silence on this issue...odd.  This forum is packed with an embarrassing number of threads discussing controller issues.  This is epidemic.  Which brings me to my  point...

On October 27th, I'll have the opportunity to buy the Elite Controller.  It looks fantastic and I like the features it offers, but right now, I can't help but see it as a $170 liability.

Convince me I'm wrong.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

As if they actually care. It's disgusting. All I have to say here is don't buy that thing. Please.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Really Microsoft? Nothing?

The only response from mods was to delete links posted by another user to help explain my on-going issue?

Microsoft representatives have nothing else to offer regarding my query?

Sorry this didn't help.

as far as the Elite controllers go, they say their more durable, but never say what's more durable exactly, but that's besides the point, the $60 controller shouldn't break, my launch $40 Xbox 360 wired controllers lasted me several years of gaming 40+ hours/week

Sorry this didn't help.

[Mod Removed] - this explains why your controllers keep dying, faulty analog mechanisms, they keep putting them in controllers anyways and you have to keep buying them, they had a great sturdy tried and true mechanism that was a trooper on the Xbox 360 controllers, they settled for cheaper plastic parts, my guess is no matter how much fuss I make MS will do nothing, just like they refused to fix faulty disc drives on the Xbox 360 and now they're getting sued, so keep your controllers, maybe you can jump on a class action years from now and stick it to them for their complacency

[Mod Removed]

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there FPSnoob2012!

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the controller drift issue and I can definitely understand how frustrating this could be. If the issue is continuing to occur, you will need to have your controller replaced. I understand that replacing your controller may not seem ideal, but a replacement would be the next course of action if the issue persists. You can request a replacement through our Online Service center. If you run into any issues requesting a replacement, you can reach out to phone or chat support from our Contact Us page for further assistance.

If you would like further information regarding the Xbox Elite Controller, I recommend checking out our Xbox Elite Wireless Controller page. Feel free to create a new thread if you would like assistance with a different support related issue. Once again, I am truly sorry to hear about the issue and any inconveniences that this may have caused.

Sorry this didn't help.