Question Regarding Xbox Slim 4gb and 120gb Hard Drive Accessory

Hi All,

I recently purchased an Xbox 360 Slim with a 4gb. I did not want to get the 250gb version as it was a bit more expensive and I did not anticipate needing that much space. Anyway, I like to stay in the middle of the road with both my finances and space. I was looking to get an additional hard drive so that I could install graphics packages and extra cars, as is the case with Battlefield 3 and Forza 4, respectively. However, it seems that there is no external hard drive that can simply connect to my Xbox by means of a USB port or similar interface, so that I may access the new cars/HD content while I play.

I suppose what I am getting at is if there is an HDD that can allow me to do this. I see the 120gb one at places like Gamestop, etc., but it doesn't seem like it would connect to my Xbox Slim, e.g. like on the "older" white models that allow you to just slap the HDD on the back and call it a day. Is there a way I can do this with the Slim by means of a hard drive transfer cable? Would that work the same way, or is that for merely transferring data and will not allow access during game play? If it's the latter, is there any product that will allow me to do this, or am I forced to purchase the 250gb hard drive to be inserted into the back of the console?

Any and all help is genuinely appreciated!

Have a pleasant day,

PCG

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

You are forced to purchase the 250GB or 320GB drives for insertion into the console. After the 320GB drive was released the price dropped on the 250GB drive to around $99 at places like Amazon. Oddly, it's still $129.99 at Microsoft's own store, the same price as the 320GB drive...

You can go with USB storage if you don't mind being limited to two 16GB USB Memory Units in use at any given time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.