Question regarding UA Investigation process

I previously had exactly 1,830 Microsoft Points on my Xbox Live account. I discovered late on Sunday night, via email, that somebody used my Xbox Live account to purchase 4,000 Microsoft Points for $49.00 and 6,000 Microsoft Points for $74.99 (2 transactions, 10,000 points, for a total charge of $124.98 to my card on my Live account). I immediately turned on my Xbox and was unable to log on to Xbox Live. I went to www.Xbox.com and was able to reset my account password, and then change it. Upon logging in to my Xbox Live account via the www.Xbox.com website, I was able to see that I now had only 30 Microsoft Points remaining, and had apparently downloaded an unknown amount of FIFA 2012 content, and possibly other games as well. I contacted customer support and spoke to a very helpful person who verified what I had discovered (2 unauthorized purchases) and also verified the downloaded content that I saw (apparently just a bunch of FIFA 2012). She did a good job of explaining the UA Investigation process to me, but I was unfortunately on my way to work and had a limited amount of time to gather information from her. She did say that the process normally took 25 days, and that my account would be 'locked' during that period. She stated that Microsoft would supply me with a voucher for a free month of Xbox Live so that I could continue to play and use my Xbox during the investigation period. Here is where my question lies: if I do create a temporary account, as she described, am I able to transfer any information between my main account and this account? I definitely play online games and was looking forward to playing MW3 and Skyrim when they are released. I'm also currently playing Batman: Arkham City. Would I be able to play on my normal account OFFLINE, or is it completely locked out from any usage? If it is completely locked out, is it possible to transfer save data, like my Batman data for example, so that I can continue playing? Phew, sorry about the long-winded message. I'm just a guy that doesnt want to sit out on the next month of great games coming out. Thank you to anybody that provides any answer or help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1-No. Nothing is transferable from one account to another.

2-Yes. You can use your main locked account offline but any achievements gained would be lost when you reconnect with the Live servers.

3-Depends. Certain games allow the saves to be used on other profiles but the ability to earn achievements from them is automatically disabled.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@temhotabot # 2 is incorrect. I got all the achievements I obtained while offline during my investigation process.

You can play offline and save the data on that account. Any achievements obtained on a temp account would not be able to be transferred.

EDIT: for reference...my investigation took 22 days. (something i stressed about so giving a rough estimate)

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe it is like having a sliver account...

My account was locked yesterday because I called about the same problem.

I was able to sign into live, and play...but I only played splitscreen/private, I never played online...I was however, connected to live during this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

you can still get your achievements offline and keep them when your investigation is over, just they won't have the date you earned them (which isn't too big of a deal)

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="TheRobReport"]you can still get your achievements offline and keep them when your investigation is over, just they won't have the date you earned them (which isn't too big of a deal)[/quote]

That depends on whether the end of the investigation requires you to recover your account before re-connecting to Live. If you can't just reconnect but have to use Account Recovery, you'd lose the offline achievements. Is recovery required after an investigation?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem with the same Fifa loving hackers. i just called xbox live and my account is under investigation and lockdown..that means no purchases can be done via bank account/xbox live until the investigation is over right?

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah and the account is LOCKED from online play under unauthorized access investigation

Sorry this didn't help.

that what they told me but im still able to play on livee?? could it be that they messed up my xbox info like serial number and stuff?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd call them back just to make sure something's not gone wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.

i at least tried to deactivate my credit card as a payment option on my live just to play it safe but xbox wont let me?..i feel like they just money thirsty. i think conpletely deleting my account would be a more effective way

Sorry this didn't help.