Question Minecraft on Xbox One

Hey I am thinking of getting an Xbox One and I have been doing a lot of research and I was wondering if you can after you download your Xbox Live profile from 360 if you can download your saved stuff on that profile, and if you can download the games that you got from the 360 onto the Xbox One??? PLEASE ANSWER THIS IS URGENT

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The answer is no - your games & saves from the Xbox 360 do not & will not carry over due to incompatibility with the difference in the architecture. However, most of your Xbox Live music & movies should carry over just fine. As far as Minecraft is concerned, I heard the developers were working on a way to transfer your Xbox 360 worlds from that console to the Xbox One. As of now, there is no news on whether that's necessarily true or going to happen any time soon though.

lol are you at the store now sitting there on your phone waiting to read back before you pick it up urgent? is it THAT URGENT? Is it the LAST ONE???? ahhhhh GRAB IT!

@Galatic Geek do you spend any time at all trying to help other users? Even a glimmer of hope is better than none. @TACO the Minecraft developers are working to get your 360 saves on the xbox one www.eurogamer.net/.../2013-11-16-minecraft-360-dev-working-to-allow-save-transfers-to-xbox-one

[quote user="TACO SWAG 00"]I was wondering if you can after you download your Xbox Live profile from 360[/quote]You profile is downloaded from Live. It cannot be copied from a 360 USB Memory Unit.[quote]if you can download your saved stuff on that profile,[/quote]In general, no game save data from the 360 can be used on the Xbox One. There is a desire by Mojang/4J to bring over Minecraft save data, but so far that's not a confirmed feature. Other games, like Call of Duty, maintain profile data that follows you around, but that's data stored on Activision's servers, not on Live..[quote]and if you can download the games that you got from the 360 onto the Xbox One???[/quote]360 titles do not work on the Xbox One. Not XBLA, not XBLIG, not Games on Demand, not retail games on disc - nothing from the 360 works on Xbox One when it comes to games.

You've done a lot of research and yet can't answer this on your own?.... Go do more research

[quote user="Gateway425"]

@Galatic Geek do you spend any time at all trying to help other users? Even a glimmer of hope is better than none. @TACO the Minecraft developers are working to get your 360 saves on the xbox one www.eurogamer.net/.../2013-11-16-minecraft-360-dev-working-to-allow-save-transfers-to-xbox-one

[/quote]I give a correct answer & I STILL get criticized for it as if it were wrong? What kind of world am I living in?

[quote user="Gateway425"]

[/quote]

That article you linked says they are working on it but even they don't say it is going to happen.

In my opinion GG's answer is spot on and reflects what the article says - Saves may be transferable in the future.