Question for those who watch TV mostly through DVR (previously recorded)

I can't be bothered with commercials, so I mostly watch everything pre-recorded with my TiVo.  Does that make the TV function using Kinect completely worthless? In other words,  will I have to navigate and watch my recordings holding my TiVo remote or will xbox send out an IR signal to my box telling it to pull out my recordings, navigate through it, pause my recordings and such?   They are simple commands after-all.  I'm not asking Xbox to record my shows but to tell my TiVo to play such recordings.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't watch dvr or record with Kinect yet. You will have to use your remote.

Doesn't make sense why they would dumb down the Kinect like that.   I mean, my Harmony remote handles those commands without any issues, yet this state of the art Kinect 2.0 can't handle a simple command like "Watch my recordings".  

Now that I think about it, I believe this limitation is Microsoft's own doing.  They are hell bent on using their guide interface for all things.  

On another note.  Is there any reason for hope that Kinect 2.0 can be hacked to accept such commands or am grasping at straws here?

There is no simple "watch my recordings" command on TiVo. The TV viewing screen on the Xbox One includes other video sources. While you still need a remote for the TiVo, it can be the same iPad you're already using for SmartGlass.

hmmm,  This is really the difference for me between an X1 and PS4. If I am limited to watching live TV or none at all, then this feature becomes pretty useless.   I might as well get a PS4 and save $100.

You can't snap TV with a PS4. If you have no intention of using the snap feature and don't care about friend requests while watching TV then HDMI input is of no concern to you.

I also was wondering this  ..

So ,it won't be able to play from the DTV list of recordings by voice ..

Kind of a bummer

That was kind of a bummer when I read that we can't view our DVR recording using Kinect, but you can pause, rewind, etc. live TV. Maybe sometime in the future there will be an update to allow users to view our DVR recordings and record programs by voice.

What about youtube by voice ..

Can you say go to youtube then say play this or that or whatever