Question for Dead Island players...

I might be missing something, or maybe I'm glitching out but...

I can't seem to "attack" my opponents like any normal game (Dead Rising), all I can do is aim and throw weapons. As soon as they get close my character can't even hit them with his fists! I was getting pretty good at it (but throwing sticks and paddles was getting lame fast) then I went and watched my wife playing on her PC for a bit and she's hitting them! I can't imagine the PC version is THAT different than console play that you only "throw" in the xbox version so am I doing something stupidly wrong? the booklet says RT is "arrow/throw" and LT "aim" (what I've been doing) and I've tried every button mashing combonation I can think of to get my character to HIT the zombies with no luck. I can't imagine this is the normal game play... what gives?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

after hunting into the controls menu, I figured it out. It's the difference between "analog" and "digital" play. If you have it on digital, you must hold down the trigger and then use the right stick to "swipe" move the weapon to hit the zombie (i.e. knife slash) which is slightly counter intuitive from what I'm used to playing. I switched it to "analog" and now the RT attacks just like it normally should! They really should have explained that better in the booklet.