question concerning family gold renewal

i have had the gold family plan since it has been introduced and i heard they are stopping the gold family plan. now i have it on auto renewal and it is set to renew in may but i was wondering if i am still gonna get the gold family plan price renewal or something else? i dont wanna find out that on renewal day i am being charged for normal price for 4 accounts. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

also  would like to add that microsoft has got to be kidding me if they cancel the family plan. how am i supposed to afford 180 dollars a year to play online. it looks like my ps3 is gonna be getting some more love.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No new information has been revealed as to why the Family Plan was discontinued. Just that Microsoft moves forward in better direction. Perhaps a new and better plan is in the works. I expect to hear new things regarding the new Xbox console in the near future. Playing another console is your choice. It is always about having fun! Happy Gaming! Sorry about the sad news!

Also, you don't have to spend $60 a pop. There are always deals running at $40 for Xbox live 12 months of Gold. Look around online if money is an issue. Amazon is usually good with these deals.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Xbox Gold Family Plan has indeed been discontinued. You will not be able to renew for more of the Family Plan. You will be able to use what you currently have before the cancellation took place, as those who are already signed up for the plan will still be able to utilize its features. Once its up however, you’re done. You have to had renewed before the cancellation took place. If you did not, you're out of luck and will have to move forward without the Xbox Gold Family Plan. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

how are ppl like me that have kids be able to afford 60 bucks a pop for each account.  its ridiculous. the hard part is now telling my kids about not having gold. microsoft should personally send my kids an apology. atleast i have a reason to my play ps3 now.

Sorry this didn't help.