Question about Xbox Live Gold Family Pack.

Me, my brother, and two friends all want Xbox Live gold. If we were all to download our profiles to one Xbox and Get the family pack, would it still work on our profiles at home?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yes. I was on the family pack for awhile with friends and after getting it on the inital Xbox, we were allowed to move our profiles back to our own Xboxs and still have gold.

I opted out of it after awhile though, because it became a hassle getting MS points by paying with credit card, since I had to login to my friends accout on the website (since they were the primary account), add the points to their account, and then transfer them to mine. And then certain applications didn't work (such as ESPN), unless I used my friends password to allow me to download the app.

But it is the way to go if you and your family/friends want gold at a discount.

Ugh, I'm kind of having second thoughts now.

Yep, this membership is really meant for families. If it were used amongst friends in several households, it would be a bit of a pain for you. My wife and I use this with my Mother,  in a separate household, and it has been fine. However, as the primary account, I need to purchase and allocate points to both of them when they need them.

-Jim

Thanks for the feedback :)