Question about Xbox Live Gold Family Pack converting on the 27th

My Gold Family membership was set to renew on 3/5/2014. What will happen to the remaining time that I paid for? Also will I be able to sign up for home gold without xbox 1? I do plan on eventually buying the xbox 1 but It will probaly be a few to several months after its release.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 143 Applies to:

Your remaining time gets converted into regular, separate Xbox Live memberships for the accounts on your console for either the remaining duration or longer (I recall someone mentioning you get an extra 3 months but I can't confirm that and doubt it).

I believe it would just change the auto renew to a different, single account membership. I'd just turn off auto renew as the Family Pack is being removed and it won't let you buy it.

I'm unsure about home gold however as I am not sure whether Microsoft has planned to release the plan for 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm they are giving away extra 3 months. You can read more about the conversion here - support.xbox.com/.../family-pack-convert-individual-member-faq

Currently Home Gold has only been announced for the Xbox One. You would have to have individual subscriptions on the 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also got the message about xbox cancelling the family membership. I read teh FAQ and yes, we get 3 months free...  My questions... so am I back to paying $60 a year X4 accounts because we play on several consoles? (We have 2 just in house, my son likes to go game at his friends houses, plus going to the LAN center....this is a gaming family)  And can someone explain this gold home thing? I can't find any info on it to see how it's going to be different.    I don't have a pre-order for the new xbox (so prolly won't have it right at release). Is this going to affect play on the 360 at all?  I'm hoping I can use my same account for both systems....

anyone?  I'm feeling very lost with this.

Sorry this didn't help.

So then my families accounts will be converted to regular gold and should be good for another 10 months than correct t? From August to September is 7 months plus the 3 additional bonus months. Then after 10 months I just have to worry about what I will do if I don't buy the xbox 1 to get the home gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ZombieDad001 - That's correct.

@syrensilly - Once the family plan is completely cancelled, it will go back to how it was before it started. You'll be back to purchasing individual subscriptions for each account. It would be best to keep an eye out for deals on prepaid cards. You can almost always find them on sale for $30-35.  The Home Gold thing will only be for Xbox One. There's not a lot of information out about it yet, but basically if you were to have a gold subscription on the console, that subscription would cover all accounts using that console. The Home Gold will not be available on the 360, so you would still need individual subscriptions on that console. Regular gold subscriptions will work on both consoles though so you can still use your account on both.

Sorry this didn't help.

Total rip off, I'm now paying 4 times the amount that someone with a xbox 1 or ps4 would pay. Expected Microsoft to look after its customers instead I feel like I'm being forced to buy the xbox 1. afraid it will be ps4 next time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, CreepyShoe46! While you would be paying more than Xbox One users, understand that Playstation users need to pay for PS+ now to do everything that the Xbox One users do, and there currently isn't a way to share the premium account features like there is on the Xbox One. This thread is over 2 years old. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.