question about xbox 360 using the msn messenger

Your able to chat with people using your msn messenger on their yahoo messenger, but not on the xbox 360?

If people don't use a xbox  360 msn messenger then don't bother replying

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="xMP44x Paul"]

[quote user="Keith03820"]

I already know all those stuff, I meant about having yahoo user names on your msn messenger while on the xbox 360 using the messenger there you aren't able to see those yahoo user names..

Still this is a good answer, do you know what I meant concerning yahoo user names on msn messenger using xbox 360?

[/quote]
Like, having it pull over contacts from other services, like the newer builds of Windows Live Messenger on PC do? I don't believe it's possible because it uses some different APIs which aren't available to the Xbox 360 console. You might be able to use something like that from a smartphone though (on Android there are a few apps; not sure about iOS and WP7), but a phone with a physical keyboard might be a necessity if you actually planned to use it for instant messaging alongside the Xbox 360. Otherwise, you'll need a computer alongside you to do that.

[/quote]

I understand man, but I only needed a yes or no.. Not a explanation as i'm not trying to be rude from your high intellect of knowledge to know this.

I was able to get my yahoo e-mail to show up on xbox 360 but showed up offline.. Friendly advise? Please don't get mad, next time just do a little explain concern about xbox 360 live messenger and yahoo users. just saying "no you aren't able to chat with people on yahoo messenger using the xbox 360 live messenger however your able to have a yahoo e-mail show up, just shows up offline"

[quote user="Keith03820"]

I already know all those stuff, I meant about having yahoo user names on your msn messenger while on the xbox 360 using the messenger there you aren't able to see those yahoo user names..

Still this is a good answer, do you know what I meant concerning yahoo user names on msn messenger using xbox 360?

[/quote]
Like, having it pull over contacts from other services, like the newer builds of Windows Live Messenger on PC do? I don't believe it's possible because it uses some different APIs which aren't available to the Xbox 360 console. You might be able to use something like that from a smartphone though (on Android there are a few apps; not sure about iOS and WP7), but a phone with a physical keyboard might be a necessity if you actually planned to use it for instant messaging alongside the Xbox 360. Otherwise, you'll need a computer alongside you to do that.

[quote user="xMP44x Paul"]

You can respond to people via Windows Live Messenger on the Xbox 360, or you were able to in the past. Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the logo button on the controller, and go to 'Chat and IM'. Go right when the menu opens, and you should be able to login there. It is a bit cumbersome, and I wouldn't like to respond on it with my controller, but the option is there. I'd suggest you buy a cheap USB keyboard, or Microsoft's official Chatpad for the Xbox 360 controller. A USB Keyboard is very useful to have though so it might be the better option. Plus, you can type a lot faster on it.

I haven't used the Windows Live Messenger utility on my 360 for years, because it's much more convenient to just have a laptop beside you, or a smartphone. Download an instant messenger app to your phone if you have a smartphone that supports such a thing, and connect it to WiFi. I'd say it's more convenient, even if you have to pause games to make use of it.

[/quote]

You can respond to people via Windows Live Messenger on the Xbox 360, or you were able to in the past. Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the logo button on the controller, and go to 'Chat and IM'. Go right when the menu opens, and you should be able to login there. It is a bit cumbersome, and I wouldn't like to respond on it with my controller, but the option is there. I'd suggest you buy a cheap USB keyboard, or Microsoft's official Chatpad for the Xbox 360 controller. A USB Keyboard is very useful to have though so it might be the better option. Plus, you can type a lot faster on it.

I haven't used the Windows Live Messenger utility on my 360 for years, because it's much more convenient to just have a laptop beside you, or a smartphone. Download an instant messenger app to your phone if you have a smartphone that supports such a thing, and connect it to WiFi. I'd say it's more convenient, even if you have to pause games to make use of it.