Question about Xbox 360-PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

I am trying to find a Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver so I can use my 360 controller to play PC games.
I am ready to buy one, however after reading the reviews they seem to be unsupported by microsoft, however claimed to be "Official Microsoft"  "Brand New Official Product "

Yet I find no mention of them on microsofts xbox360 website http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox360/Accessories?xr=shellnav

My question is, does microsoft sell these? (or an officially licensed third party)
Is there a way around buying the receiver? ie,   do any wired controllers simply connect into a usb port and work as intended.
Does anyone have any experience with these receivers?

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000HZFCT2/sr=8-1/qid=1329280932/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1329280932&sr=8-1&seller=

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

If you have a wired Xbox controller it will work. ( Note using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit will not work)  Check out the link below fo downloads for the Xbox 360 Wired Controller For Windows.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I bought one and it was easy. Plug and play device. Though they dont sell them by themselves now. They still sell them bundles with the wireless controller for windows but not on its own.

Mine died and the only way i found a replacement was buy getting one from ebay that wasnt an official MS one but it works great  anyway. It was a little harder to find the drivers for it but its works justlike the official one did

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.