question about uploading music to my hard drive via Ipod touch

so is it possible to connect my ipod touch and copy the music to my xbox hard drive? i know you could do it with other ipods but not the touch.

-

so can you do this yet or does anyone know how, would be much appreciated..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I never knew you could copy music from devices, I thought you could only copy from CDs

Not sure dude, but hey ask away maybe we will both get an answer!

You cannot copy music from any device to the 360. The only way to get music onto a 360's HDD is by ripping a CD via the console.

Only classic iPods are supported via USB connection to the 360. iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad do not present themselves as USB storage devices. They cannot be accessed by the console.

yep(theres a small update you can get) just from what i remember not the touch and was trying to see if maybe since the update you could or if anyone knew anymore than i do about it.

Yeah you cannot copy music from a classic ipod. You can only play it through the 360. I used to do it all the time.

Thanks Icestorm, guess Ill stick to streaming from tversity

Do youremember  the little USB type iPods? I know thoughs still work and let youplace your actual files to the xbox.(then again that would be considered classic)

Fine so I'll use my buddys wifes iPod and DL my music that way.

-

why the one stars, really. God this place is infested with [Mod Removed].

They don't work in the way you think.

-

You can play music from them because the 360 sees them in the exact same way it sees a USB stick, in that it thinks they are just a storage device. You can't transfer music from them to the 360's hard drive though, the only way to do that is by ripping from a CD.

You still wont be able to transfer music from the iPod to your 360 though Face, only listen to it with the music player.

-

The only way to get music on your hard drive is by ripping it from a CD. Buy a pack of rewritables and do it that way if you have a lot of tracks.