Question About Updating...

OK, so i'm gonna be at myebst friend's place next week, he has an XBox 360, although i'm not sure whether or not he's connected online, so i'm pretty sure he doesn't have an acct. he has verizon fios, though.  I'ma regular user on Xbox Live whereas my friend is just started using PSN on PlayStation 3, but what i wanted to know, and this is probably a dumb, obvious 1....but is the console still updatable without a profile, like assuming it can connect online?  Leave me a reply back.  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hello,

Providing that the console has internet access there should be no issues :)

Thanks,

Pointless

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I believe that the console should still be updateable but you will need any sort of profile on the console to begin with either offline profile, silver (free) profile, or gold profile.

Once you make at least a offline profile that's just local to the XBOX you can continue from there to make that a free XBOX Live account or if you want to save yourself the hassle and wish to use your gamertag on his console you can just download it and when you're ready to go back home delete it so he can't login to it by mistake or for any other reason.

Instructions on how to download or delete a gamertag are found on this support page here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Uhm, yea, that's the thing I I was thinking about doing, is temporarily DL my acct on his console, and delete later, which is why I wanted to know if the console could be updated via Xbox Live 1st.  Cause ehre's the thing, the last time I'ves een him use his, which isn't a slim model, he had the old dashboard with the blades whereas i'm clearly already on the metro.  The other thing I'm wondering now,is this gonna effect my acct on my console if I do DL itto his?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, not at all. The only thing it would do is fully update his console to the latest metro dashboard, it will not in anyway affect your account at all. 

When you go to download your profile it has to connect to XBOX Live's servers anyway so you would be prompted right then and there to update the console. Once that process was done it would let you complete the download of your profile. 

Let us know if you have anymore questions or just send me a PM by clicking the little envelope under my post when you are at his place if you need some help with anything, I'll try my best to help you out :).

Sorry this didn't help.

If you download your account on his Xbox 360, it will not negatively effect your Profile or your home console. There is even the option to auto-save your password on his console, so if you frequent his house, you may sign in without having to type your WLID password in every time.

If his Xbox is connected to the internet, you can update his console to the newest release of the Metro Dashboard for him. He can do this on his own as well, as long as he has a connection to the internet on his 360.

Like the other helpful posters said, it may be beneficial for him to make an Xbox LIVE Silver Membership account, so that way he may receive updates and enjoy certain aspects of Xbox LIVE as well.

Sorry this didn't help.