Question about unlockable gamer pictures

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the unlockable gamer pictures. For instance, in Mass Effect 1 you can be awarded with gamer pictures for completing the game on Hardcore or Insanity difficulty. I did those a long time ago and was awarded with the gamer pictures. Now my old HDD died and with it the gamer pictures. Is there some way to regain these gamer pictures on my current Xbox without completing the game again on those difficulties?

Note: They don't appear in the Download History list as they are Awards and not DLC.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

There is no way to get those gamerpics back with your current profile, not even by finishing the game again on those difficulties. This is because you'll already have the achievements required to unlock them.

-

Only way to get them back is to play the game through on another profile. Once unlocked you can use the pics on any account.

[quote user="voteDC"]

There is no way to get those gamerpics back with your current profile, not even by finishing the game again on those difficulties. This is because you'll already have the achievements required to unlock them.

-

Only way to get them back is to play the game through on another profile. Once unlocked you can use the pics on any account.

[/quote]Could they not just redownload them through download history?  Or do gamerpics unlocked from a game, not show up in download history?

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]Could they not just redownload them through download history?  Or do gamerpics unlocked from a game, not show up in download history?[/quote]GamerPics that are Unlocked are not Downloaded, DLC or under DL History. They are Content of the Game itself. Most have a way of "Unlocking" them again (once awarded) via the Extras Menu but I don't believe ME had this option (?).

I don't recall seeing that option but I'll take a look soon.

[quote user="LostKauz"]but I don't believe ME had this option (?).[/quote]It doesn't.

As I said the only way to get the Saren and N7 unlockable gamerpics back is by playing the game on another profile. 

VoteDC is right but it totally sucks. Saying as it'll take you another 3 playthroughs. If i remember right you have to beat the game once to unlock hardcore and insanity.

Yeah true, not to mention you will need a lvl 50+ character and a lot of patience to beat the game on insanity in the first place.

True. I've got an excuse to go through the full trilogy again at some point as i made a new account a while back. Save it for next time i'm off work hehe.

most games just completing the requirements of the acheivement again will unlock it.. i did the same thing with shred nebula 100% total destruction even after i had unlocked the acheivement and it said gamer pic unlocked.. so you dont need to do new profile unless a game is different