Question about this whole auto renew nuisance.

Yeah, I already know that auto renew has an off button, but is there a way to keep auto renew from turning itself on whenever I purchanse a gold subscription? I've been stuck with this suspended gold account for a few month's because i've been trying to avoid using it at all for fear of being charged. They didn't charge my card, strangely. For some odd reason they could not reach the card, but I wonder is it too late for me to tell them to cancel the subscription? It ends on 4-1-2012. I'd much rather avoid calling up support... but if it'll work I guess i've got no choice.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Unfortunately there's no way to opt out of auto-renew at the time of purchase other than just using prepaid subscription cards instead of purchasing through Xbox.

If your account is suspended because of payment issues, you'll probably still have to pay off any balance you owe before you can do anything else, including cancelling the subscription.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No that is part of the terms and conditions when you purchase a subscription

You can turn it off anytime without cancelation fee but as with all subsciption services you must give cancelation notice

If you want to avoid autorenewal there is only one way avoid dashboard deals and go prepaid cards only

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.