Question about the Gamertag swap between MS accounts.

I'd like some clarification or first hand experiences from someone who has done the gamertag swap using this support guide:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

I've contacted Xbox support multiple times and they've told me that this procedure retains my achievements, purchased game & DLC licenses and game save licenses after the transfer, however I feel like they are always misunderstanding my intent when I go to this problem with them...

My issue is this. I have two Microsoft accounts:

MS account 1 & Gamertag A
This account has all my game licenses, game saves, achievements, gamerscore etc. but I don't like the gamertag. The next account is....

MS account 2 & Gamertag B
No purchases have been made on this account, and it has no achievements or saves I care about. The gamertag of this account is nice though and I want to use it.

When I explain this issue to the support, they give me the above link and tell me my achievements and other data WILL be located on MS account 1, with Gamertag B now as my gamertag after the swap.

Sounds simple enough, but I don't understand how this procedure would not simply replace my MS acc 1 achis/save/game license data with that of MS acc 2/Gamertag B. I want to keep my data. All I want is the name. Support never says "no we can't do this", which implies that support document is what I need... But when I read it, all I get out of it is "you will have to use the license data from the gamertag you want to use".

Where are the achi/game license/save/gamerscore data kept anyway? I thought they were locked under the gamer profile/gamertag, but recently support has been saying this is stored in your Microsoft account...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:
Answer

Yes you can.  Simply follow the directions at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.