Question about terms of usage.

Hello, I've got an uncle who also has an Xbox One.
Is setting his console as "home" console for my accound and setting my console as "home" console for his account is violation of rules?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This question need to be corrected, because we want to know about My Home Console feature in case of games sharing with friends. When one friend buy a game and second friend buy another game, after that they use this feature to share their games between them. In my opinion, this will lead to ToS violating, because of license sharing, that not permitted between players, who not from one family.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is an extremely grey area for sharing.  It is not allowed on the 360 and could result in both the gamertag and/or console being banned from Live.

On the Xbox One you can easily set any console as your Home console (only 3 times per year) but no one has confirmed whether or not it is actually allowed to share out content like this or not.  

Sharing was an option at one point prior to the console being released but due to the uproar from gamers it was taken off the board and is no longer a viable feature.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.