Question about status of XBOX Live

Hello all,

I just renewed my subscription for XBOX Live GOLD Membership.  I did it through the XBOX.com website instead of the actual XBOX because I kept getting error messages.  Everything seemed to work fine and I even got a conformation e-mail saying that the purchase was confirmed.  But, for some reason I don't think I have GOLD.   My account online says I have a GOLD membership and it even tells me the next billing date and everything, but when I try to play a game online or chat with somebody via headset, it won't let me do anything.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sometimes it takes a while for the gold to kick in. Sign out and Sign back in and see if it worked. Sometimes gold takes a bit to activate and start working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="bladefive"]

Hello all,

I just renewed my subscription for XBOX Live GOLD Membership.  I did it through the XBOX.com website instead of the actual XBOX because I kept getting error messages.  Everything seemed to work fine and I even got a conformation e-mail saying that the purchase was confirmed.  But, for some reason I don't think I have GOLD.   My account online says I have a GOLD membership and it even tells me the next billing date and everything, but when I try to play a game online or chat with somebody via headset, it won't let me do anything.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks.

[/quote]I'd suggest checking out http://billing.microsoft.com and making sure your purchase was authorized. If so, I can see you're still showing up as a silver on xbox.com. Sometimes, the servers just take awhile to fully recognize the change. As Grimlike suggested, try signing out and signing back in, or alternatively, delete your profile and re-download it on your console, that way it'll download your profile from Live's servers. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Run the Xbox Live Connection Test and then sign back in.

Sorry this didn't help.