Question about replacing drive laser.

Hello,

OK so my cousin has got a old Xbox 360 Elite. It is barely reading any games. I did try using a lens cleaner dvd but it never fixed it. So my guess is the Xbox is n the way out. He is only 9 so he can't just go out and buy a new one or pay to get it repaired. I have a old Arcade model that has the RROD but the DVD drive is fine. Now from what I understand is I can't simply the drive out of my Arcade and put it into his elite?

But I can take the lens out of the arcade and put it into the elite drive correct?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

not only should you know you can`t t ask on the forum about self repair ,you should also know changing anything within your console yourself is classed as system tampering and can get your console banned.

LOL! A level 7 Ambassador who doesn't even know you can't ask about self-repair on the forum. Shining example of the program.

TBH I don't visit the forum much now. I only try and help out as best as I can and when I can on the ambassador program.

Just insert famous Homer Simpson phrase...

As others have said, please refrain from discussing tampering with consoles on the forums.  If an action violates the warranty of the Xbox 360 console or violates the Xbox Live ToU/CoC, discussion of it is not allowed on the forums.

Before you try swapping anything about, put some nail varnish remover onto a cotton bud and give the lense a proper clean. Obviously you need to open it up to do this so if its still under warranty phone MS.

[quote user="Tastyzulu"]

Before you try swapping anything about, put some nail varnish remover onto a cotton bud and give the lense a proper clean. Obviously you need to open it up to do this so if its still under warranty phone MS.

[/quote]

No discussing about self-repairs. They can risk you a ban on the forums.

Sorry boss.

If it is under warranty you can get it fixed for free. I'm pretty sure the warranties last either 1 or 3 years.