Question about playing from HDD

So, I've been able to copy most of my games to the hard drive. My question is, if I leave the disc in the drive and then power on my 360, it seems that the game is playing from the disc, not the HDD, as there appears to be much more disc access. Is this the case? Does the 360 boot from the disc if it sees a disc in the drive, or is it smart enough to know that I have already copied the game to the HDD and use those files? What I've been doing so far is to open the drive tray, power on, go to Games and choose my game, and then closing the tray and hitting Play. I'd like to avoid that extra step if possible, to be able to have the disc in the drive but not have the cosnole boot from that disc.

Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Anytime you play a Retail Disk game that is install on the HD, the System always does disk checks to make sure it is the correct game and that you have the game.

It has taken my GOW3 console the Whole start sequence on MW3 before the drive stops reading, and only accessing the HD files.

If you are looking to turn off auto play that can be done in the settings tab under console options.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.