Question about my Gamer Score being reset

so i got a replay saying what achievement it was that got it reset but the thing is, is i got that achievement. its not a hard achievement to get it the "Top of the Food Chain" which is "Kill 20 players with a pistol in a ranked multiplayer deathmatch", which isnt hard to get so i dont understand why i got my achievements reset. and if there is no way for me to get my achievements back could you atleast give me back all of my other achievements and none in GTA4. to me i think that the achievement reset is a little harsh and you dont even give the player a chance to explain themselves or warnings. i have a friend of mine who has over 100k gamerscore and i know if he got his achievments reset, he would be furious. and maybe even sue because you didnt give him the chance to explain himself and then just mark him as a cheater for the rest of his gaming life. so please dont let a Forum Mod read this i want the highest in command to read this and determind weather they should change the way about how achievements should work.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 84 Applies to:

To keep this type of issue from happening in the future, you may want to read and familiarize yourself with the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct. This document can be reviewed at [ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/livetou ]. I have also attached an article that explains how gamerscore corrections work below.

Gamerscore resets

A gamerscore correction occurs on a player’s Xbox LIVE account when they gain achievements through avoiding gameplay and using external tools. Xbox LIVE is committed to keeping the service free of this type of behavior as it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use. When abnormal achievement or gamerscore activity is found, Xbox LIVE modifies the gamerscore of players who meet specific and automated criteria.

An Xbox LIVE player who obtains their gamerscore in this abnormal way will:

•Find their gamerscore reset to zero.

•Be unable to regain all previously earned achievements.

•Be labeled as a “cheater” for the community to view.

Although players who are identified by these criteria will start from a zero gamerscore, they will still be able to gain achievements for future games. In other words, we give them another chance to earn future achievements by earning them as other “fair” players do. The original gamerscore correction remains permanent without any way to appeal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok right i understand you get reset back to zero but why dont you let them get back those achievements they once had and not only get achievements in the future, also i did not use any external tools to get my gamer score higher. i play games to get the "bleep bloop" because there little goals that you can brag to friends and its more fun to get them the regular way and not using and tools to boost them, i remeber before this happend i had 28k gamerscore and all of those i got the legit way so im comfused to how ur thinking that i used a tool(s) to give me more achievement points. also i would love to be able to talk to the head of this and settle on how we can get passed this, i just want my achievments back and for the one achievement that made me get my score reset make it so i cant get anymore achievements in GTA4

Sorry this didn't help.

There isn't anything you can do about getting your gamerscore reset. Once It's reset, It's reset. The reason why they don't let players earn back the achievements that were reset Is because they want to punish the people who disobeyed they code of conduct.

I had my gamerscore reset to. I did feel a bit mad the first week because I lost all my hard earned achievements, but when you do the wrong things, you get punished. It's a simple life fact and sometimes, you need to take It into consideration and just deal with It.

Sorry this didn't help.

right and i understand that but the thing is i didnt do anything to make this happen. and idk how ur still not mad because i spent hours trying to get the vidmaster achievements in halo 3 and halo:odst and they took my probrably 6 day of on and off playing, so thats 3600 hours of trying to get like 1 achievement in halo 3 and 2 achievements in ODST im just saying that all that time went down the drain and is now nothing.and plus i dont have alot of those games anymore because they got stolen, and this is why i made another account so that i can get achievements from the games that i lost on my main account which iv been playing for almost 5 years.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the Xbox LIVE Team wouldn't just reset anyone's gamer score for no reason so It's hard to believe that you didn't do anything wrong to get your gamer score reset. So you had to have done something to get It reset because their not just going to reset your gamer score for no reason. I am also aware that the Halo 3 Vidmaster Achievements are hard to get and It took you a lot of time to get those achievements but It Is what It Is.

Sorry this didn't help.

right but its not only that the call of duty games 4-6 i got those you know beat the game on veterin and also the freaking intel ,that sucked, also fable 2, it took oh a good 24 hours to beat it off and on,on top of that the gargoyals and face doors or whatever they were, you know the list goes on

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesn't matter who modified the achievements on your account. Account Security is EVERYONE'S responsibility, not just MS's. That is why it is so important that you do not give out your log in information to anyone, not family, not friends and certainly not to strangers. Also, you should be using a seperate e-mail account and password for XBL that you do not use for any other website or service.

If you allowed your account to be compromised via phishing, social engineering or from willingly giving out your log in information then that is entirely your fault. You should have a secure web browser, a good anti-virus program installed, a good anti-spyware/anti-malware program installed (actually having more than one of these installed is a good idea, but only run one continually as they will conflict with one another), and do not use public hot spots to access your banking accounts, XBL account, or any other account that someone would be able to steal your identity with.

The reason why you can not earn previously unlocked achievements once reset is to teach you a very hard lesson. To teach you that it does not pay to cheat. I hope you have learned it. By the way, if the majority of the XBL Community had their way anyone caught gamer score modding would have their XBL account permanently banned as ALL other instances of modding are handled that way. Consider yourself lucky MS doesn't think that way yet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yet so it may happen?I hope so

Sorry this didn't help.